Monday 23 February 2009

a new life

i have been in Spain for one week now and it has seemingly flown by. I must be enjoying myself, well i am, to quote Macdonalds "i´m Lovin It". God has been good to me over this transitional period and i think there is still a lot more transitioning to do. i had my first service in the church yesterday and they put on a welcome lunch for me as well as a birthday cake which was a lovely suprise. i feel well and truly welcomed!
the strangest feeling i encountered was whilst waking up one morning last week the realisation hit me that i was living in a foreign land and i´m not planning on going back, that was strange and it took me by suprise. I also was taken back by the emotion i felt saying goodbye to my family i had the saddness of leaving entwined with the happiness of arriving in Spain, my head and heart have been all over the place, but i think they are both begining to settle down now. I also had the nice suprise of Naomi picking me up from the airport, she was allowed to leave work early, that also made things more easier when arriving.
so looking forward i am excited as to all that God has in store for us all here the elim family fellowship. next week i´m being officially inducted into the church when John Knox head of elim españa will be visiting Benalmadena. so i will sign out by thanking you all for your ongoing support both in Prayer and provision. watch this space for more of my Spanish steps.

1 comment:

Kawaii said...

Good to hear how you're getting on. I remember when I moved to Russia for a while the realisation that I was in a foreign country scared the life out of me. Keep updating!