Tuesday 3 February 2009

Good Bye Coventry

Well, i can't believe it but i have left Coventry now. emptied my flat (which was no mean feat) filled the Car and headed down leicestershire way. Sunday was an emotional affair it took all my strength to stop myself from breaking down and becoming an emotional wreck on the floor. Even though the future is so exciting it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. its natural that your life becomes entwined with those around you (they call it loving community) and you do life together, my heart has something missing now. but i know with all my heart that i'm doing the right thing. a lot of my blog will talk about Spain so i hope you don't mind my indulgence in talking about Coventry for a moment.
I never really liked the city much at first but it grew on me, certainly i have made some great friends and i will look forward to keeping intouch over the years to come. I owe a lot to Cov-elim, you put up with my jokes and sermons and my mistakes, you gave me space to grow, to mess up and on occassions succeed. there always be a place in my heart for Coventry although you must realise i'm not talking football that place is reserved for the rams.

i'm in Kegworth for 2 weeks doing some itenerate preaching, then i head out to Spain on the 16th of feb, to start the next chapt of the exciting adventure God has called me on.

please keep me in your Prayers over this time of transition. P.S go and see Valkyrie its a great film.

No comments: