Friday 4 February 2011

One of my biggest weakenesses is that i get bored and inpatient way too easily. I dont really like meetings much and i can relate to Bill Hybels when he uses the term "death by meeting" but I am realising the great lesson of waiting for the promise. I ask myself would I had kept waiting in Jerusalem for the promise of Gods Spirit maybe i would have gotton bored after a few days and gone home and missed all that God was about to do.

There is no doubt about it sometimes there are times of waiting, times of just turning up and carrying on. but lets not estimate how important it is to be in the right place, because one day like the day of Pentecost God is going to do something awesome. One thing i realise is that life is what we make it. following God can lead us to places we would never of dreamed of visiting.

So next time when like me you are bored of waiting remember our life is a pilgrimage, if you are seeing the same scenery then you are probrably on a roundabout. Go and do something new for God, step out in faith and spice things up a bit. hopefully i will take my own advice and just maybe i will enjoy the wait.

No comments: