Monday 14 February 2011

Dave Hodgson 14 February at 15:50 One of the draw backs to living in Spain is being so far away from friends, family and my elim family. There are times when if i let myself i can feel quite upset and then i pull myself together and then something will happen that will remind me of why I am where I am. I remember Gordon Neale once saying "the safest place for a Christian is smack bang in the centre of the will of God" that is so true and at times we can feel vulnerable but we are quite safe. Its when in the natural we play it safe that we are most at risk of attack and at our most vulnerable.

So to all who like me kinda feel its all to overwhelming remember it beats the alternative.

My old youth pastor Steve Kempton (although he still looks younger than me) use to say you have only failed when you fail to try. So sometimes i feel down, big deal! I remind myself I am in Gods will and pick myself up. after all playing it safe can be boring.

why dont you commit yourself to doing something that if God wasn´t in it you would fail. its a bit nervey but bye golly it beats being safe.

Ironically its then we are at our safest.

No comments: